Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Be Prepared

I'm sure most everyone has noticed in the last few years you can find extreme optimism and pessimism in equal measures. On one hand it's all good and on the other it's man the lifeboats. I must admit that I likely fall generally into the latter category. Yep, I guess I'm a gloom and doomer. There is a reason I think this way. It is simply prepare for the worst and hope for the best. That simple philosophy has served me well. Maybe my investments haven't paid off big time like others' have, but I also haven't lost my ass like many have. Perhaps I don't have the most hip ride, but I can easily afford to drive and insure it. You get the picture.

I guess what I am getting at is that I don't know if our economy will recover or go down the dumper again, but I will try to be ready for the worst. I have always grown vegetables- just more of them now. I am amassing quite a store of canned goods and toilet paper. A few smart and often very accurate people stopped me in my tracks and made me consider the worst case scenario. Could these things really happen here? I don't see why not. We have some 37+ million on food stamps and other assistance,and the unemployment numbers are going the wrong way. Foreclosures are up and will likely continue rising while consumer spending is sinking.

Times are indeed tough. How tough? I believe things are almost certainly worse than they are being portrayed by the mainstream media. For a look at what a couple of really smart people think, follow some of my links and see what Mish and Charles Hugh Smith have to say on the subject. I think making the same types of preparations one would make in the event of any crisis would be wise. Let's face it,even if the world doesn't end tomorrow, it is wise to be prepared for emergencies. It's hard to imagine all that toilet paper going to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment